Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Life Saving Rheumatoid Arthritis Diagnosis | Testimonial from Mrs. Ransen

I started having joint pain more than twelve years ago, in my late 20’s.  I have suffered from pain in shoulders, fingers, wrists, and my back, to the point I had many sleepless nights and the pain often restricted me from my favorite activities.  I have consulted with many doctors for relief, however, all the doctors concurred that it was arthritis and prescribed pain killers, which were not effective in relieving the pain.  After giving birth to two children in the last five years, my condition worsened and grew in frequency.  In addition, severe fatigue compounded my arthritis. 

In October 2010, I was referred to Dr. Crayton and he diagnosed me with Rheumatoid Arthritis and initiated biologic treatment for RA.  Subsequently, my pain significantly lessened in both intensity and frequency.  My quality of life has drastically improved, and I am able to actively engage my children and care for them properly.  I have been able to resume simple household tasks such as cooking, cleaning, and vacuuming with less pain.

The diagnosis and treatment for RA was a Godsend, and I am thankful my path to a diagnosis and effective treatment plan led me to Dr. Crayton.  He literally saved my life as I was heading toward a wheel chair or being bedbound.  In August 2011, despite my challenges, I received a Bachelor of Science degree in Social Science from FSU, largely in part, to the support of Dr. Crayton and my family.

I am now pursuing the next chapter of my life and working towards a career in law.  My goal is to become a licensed, practicing attorney, and I am currently submitting applications for law school to begin in the fall of 2012.

Mrs. Tomoko Ransen

No comments:

Post a Comment