Monday, October 8, 2012

My Journey with Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

By:  Michelle Harrison 

I relocated from Atlanta to Bay County in late 2010, because I had seen every Rheumatologist in Atlanta, as well as the surrounding areas, without getting any results. One of my children, which we adopted, has a multitude of special needs, and requires my constant attention and care. However, RA limited my ability to not only take care of myself, but I couldn’t care for my children either. 

After researching physicians outside of Georgia to, hopefully, find someone who would listen to me and help me become an active participant in my life, I found Dr. Hulon Crayton. In addition to his medical skill, I was impressed by the fact that he was involved in numerous community events; he was a family man; and, many people commented on his compassionate care. I placed a call to “interview” Dr. Crayton, and then I flew in to Panama City to meet him. He was amazed at the multiple files I brought with me of tests, blood work, scans, and reports from the various doctors who had not been able to help me – and thus, my journey began. From that point on, every month, I’d get on a plane bound for Panama City and Dr.Crayton. I had faith and determination, and combined with his efforts, I knew we’d be a good team to help me improve and begin living again. In a very short period of time, I was able to give up my wheelchair and the other devices I had once depended on for daily use.
 
I became such a believer in Dr. Crayton’s expertise, I packed up my family and moved here! Coming to a new city without friends or family was daunting for us, but I knew it was the right decision for our entire family.

My family and I are profoundly grateful for Dr. Crayton and his staff. I do not know where I would be today, or what condition I would be in (physically and emotionally) if it had not been for Dr. Crayton’s professional care. I used to lie in bed and envision a miracle cure. Today, that miracle has a face and name: Dr. Hulon Crayton – and I’m blessed to be his patient.  

2 comments:

  1. i agree !! Dr.Craytonis the best in his field!! i have been seeing him for about 3 to 4 months now. Dr. Crayton (LISTENS) to his patients,he will do test to find out what the culprit is. Dr. Crayton and all of his staff are there for ( us) his patients. i am going on a journey with them too!! HOW DO U SPELL RELIEF? ~ DR.HULON CRAYTON !!




    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Mrs. Gentry for your kind words.

    ReplyDelete